Isabelle’s gorgeous fall senior session.Read More
Sit Free Saturday is August 18th! Come and visit the studio for a custom portrait experience without any upfront cost.Read More
It's hard to believe little Miss Kamry is two!! She is cute as a button and on the go. As many of my clients know, sometimes my mom likes to tag along to sessions. She enjoys meeting my clients and hanging out with me after the session. It get's her out of the house and keeps her on her toes. Well, Kamry totally fell in love with her instantly. It was the cutest thing. They exchanged sweet little hugs after the session! LOL
Kamry's auntie Leah joined in for our session at Bud Weil Memorial Park, in Fenton. I just loved how their outfits tied together so well. The bold jewel tones looked great on them! We had fun watching the ducks in the pond and I discovered that Kamry is quite the little people watcher.
The bond that Lauren and Kamry have is adorable! It really shines in their images. I love this little building next to the park, it has the perfect teal doors and concrete walls that really popped with their wardrobe choices. Overall this is one of my favorite sessions this spring!
I always enjoy working with the Huff family! They are some of the sweetest people I know! I started working with them when Kendall turned 1, and time has flown by. She just celebrated her 4th birthday! You can always see the love shine through in their images. Carrie & Brant, thank you for trusting me to capture your family memories!!
I love that we capture real memories in our sessions. Sometimes images like the ones above are my favorite! Who doesn't love remember a cute giggle and family tickle fight?
Greyson just turned two, and I can't handle it!! I feel like I just shot his newborn and watch me grow sessions. Slow down little guy!! He was rocking his shades, batman watch, and a whole lot of 'tude. I seriously just want to squeeze him.
Kendall is turning into this sweet little person. With a genuine smile and adorable personality. I remember when she was a bit camera shy, that is not the case any more. She strikes her own poses and has fun at her sessions. It's so cute watching her interact with her little brother. Happy Birthday little one!
I enjoyed shooting this session at Sunset Park in Festus, Missouri. It is always so lush and pretty. It has lots of shade and creek area that all the kids love to check out.
I has such a blast hanging out with Jonathan at the Pevely park! We played with sticks, did some exploring, and had fun checking out the train! I remember meeting Jonathan for the first time at his newborn session two years ago. How has two years just flown by! One thing is for certain I am so blessed to get to watch so many adorable littles grow up in front of my lens!
All aboard!! Johnathan loved the train and enjoyed doing some exploring checking it out from all sides. We captured some awesome memories and adorable smiles at Pevely Park!
What to expect at your session!Read More
Get a behind the scenes look into how I plan my custom newborn portrait sessions.Read More
I love themed holiday sessions for the kiddos! With these adorable Valentine portraits, your kids can give out custom cards with their picture to their friends and family. Not to mention Grandma will flip out for an adorable personal gift from their grandbaby.
Mini sessions are a budget-friendly way to get your child's portraits captured. The sessions are shorter, themed, and perfect for 6 months and up. Basically, they are best for little ones that can sit up on their own. This year for Valentine Mini's I have two adorable themes. I have the rustic candy shop, and cute sweet shop. Both are perfect for girls or boys.
There are two package options for the sessions, both are digital packages that include a print release. The first is $75 and includes 5 edited high-resolution images. The second is $125 and includes 10 high-resolution digital images. For both options, you get to choose your favorite images from an easy to use online gallery. From there you will be able to download.
You can book your session bellow using the book now button! Don't forget you can always call or email with any questions. 636-232-4957 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl Logan Photography offers cute patriotic portrait sessions for your little ones.Read More
Cheryl Logan Photography has a new portrait studio in Crystal City Missouri.Read More
It's raining hearts over at the CLP studio! Love is in the air and the Valentine Mini Sessions are back!Read More
If you have ever wondered what spurs on a photographer’s passion, you are about to find out. Below are just some of the many reasons I wouldn’t change my job for anything in the world.
- Photography changes how I see things. I notice colors, textures, flowers, trees, people, shapes and light in a way most people never see them.
- I pay more attention to the beauty around me. Even the most mundane object can become beautiful when you photograph it in a creative way. Many photographers love their job because they develop a fascination with the world around them by viewing it through new eyes
- It's an amazing creative outlet. I get the chance to put a little bit of who I am into each photo that I take. Anyone can click a camera's buttons but not everyone can truly make a photo come to life
- It's a challenge. Creating amazing photos that capture the magic of everyday life doesn’t come without hard work, dedication and imagination. There is always something new to explore and a new way to take the same photos. It’s a job that never gets boring because it is always changing.
- I get to meet new people all the time. A photographer works with people from all walks of life. Getting to know someone new is a part of the process of bringing someone’s personality through in a photo. It also makes the job a lot more fun!
- The flexibility is great. Being a full-time photographer means you get to work your own hours. This doesn’t mean it’s a laid-back profession though. A photographer is always aiming to perfect their craft, taking on new challenges and helping their clients achieve the perfect pictures.
- I preserve memories. I capture memories that can never be replaced. I capture smiles, tears, love, joy, laughter. These beautiful moments are preserved. My most valued possessions in my life are pictures of my father who passed way suddenly in 2008. They mean everything to me.
When you decide to pay for a professional photo session, know that you are hiring an individual who is passionate about what they do and is willing to go the extra mile to help you create beautiful photos that you can treasure forever.
It's the most wonderful time of the year... ALMOST!! Tree farm portraits have quickly become one of my favorite sessions to offer. Meerts Tree Farm in Festus Missouri has generously offered to let me use their farm again this year! I highly recommend them for your seasonal needs such and pumpkins in fall and trees for Christmas. I have have a new rustic setup for family pictures and for the little ones as well. You won't want to miss it!
Should we use props at your next photo session?
Have you ever thought about adding props to your photo sessions? Props can add interest, depth and an extra flair to your pictures. Get your children to hold coordinating flowers for a spring or summer shoot. Love sports? Then use baseball bats in your next family photo to bring out your passion. Here are a few tips for ways to incorporate props in your next photo session.
1. Contact Me. Run your ideas by me, I may already have a prop that will work or can provide advice on how we can incorporate a special prop into your photographs. The best props hold meaning and symbolize something for your family.
2. Avoid trends. While you might have recently seen a few photos that incorporate a specific prop, try not to use something that will not look really dated in 20 years’ time. Classic is definitely better and there are many fun options to choose from. Pinterest can be awesome, don’t get me wrong. But some of the ideas on Pinterest can get over done. Keep in mind I always put my own creative spin on things, and never directly replicate other sets. This allows me to think outside the box and provide you with a custom experience.
3. Be realistic. It’s easy to go wild when thinking of a theme for your photo session. You should decide on one that you can actually find props for. For example, if you want to use seasonal props, try and source them in that season as they’ll be easier to find and before you decide to remake your favorite movie scene, think twice about whether you’ll be able to find suitable outfits for everyone in the photo.
4. Size matters. There are some larger props that work really well in photo sessions such as using your grandpa's farm tractor as a background piece. However, there are some larger props that can take away from the beauty of the photograph altogether. Make sure that your prop enhances the photo and doesn't detract from it.
5. Make it meaningful. If your child has a favorite stuffed animal or if you have a musical instrument that you treasure, try and incorporate it into your photos. This way your pictures will have more meaning to you and your family.
6. Use what you have. Make the current season work to your advantage by using what’s available. Leaves in the fall make for amazing props in photos and don’t cost a thing. The great thing is you also get to use what I have. To be honest I have more props than anyone needs! So before you go out and buy something expensive check with be because I may have something similar.
Remember, using props can be the perfect addition to your photos but make sure that they don’t become the main focus. You want your family or child to be the focus of your portraits. Sometime sessions with too many props can become a distraction for kids, and also take away from the beauty of an image. I am always open to explore ideas!
Book your fall session early to save 10%Read More
Cheryl Logan shares some tips for choosing a portrait photographer. Choosing a photographer is not always an easy task. I have a hard time choosing what to wear in the morning sooo yeah...Read More
We are on the search for fun, outgoing, and fashionable senior reps for the 2015-2016 school year! Contact me to apply for the program. At this time I am only accepting one-two reps per high school. So don't wait!Read More